Here is the basic diagnostic checklist I run through when I talk to people individually.
The scoring system is very simple. The more yeses, the more likely it is that you are leaving money on the table. Even one big YES!! could be a strong indicator.
- Are you able to advise your clients on what to do, as well as do it for them?
- Do you have a distinctive or proprietary approach for giving this advice?
- Can you sometimes see, very quickly, insights, opportunities or problems that are obvious to you but have eluded others for months, even years?
- Does your work contribute to projects which can only be done once, where there is a lot at stake? This could include a product launch where the effectiveness of the launch makes the difference between being number 1 or number 4 for the whole life of the product. Or the integration of two organisations.
- Do you or your firm have unusual combinations of skills? For instance, you might employ people with PhDs in biochemistry or pharmacology who also understand pharmaceutical marketing. Or you might be a copywriter who used to practise as a lawyer. Or a nuclear physicist who decided to apply her skills to answering questions in plant biology.
- Do you help your clients protect their reputations? (In many fields this translates into “give them a blank cheque”).
- Does what you do substantially mitigate significant risks for your clients?
If you have answered “yes” to any of these and suspect that you are leaving money on the table, I invite you to book a diagnostic session.
If you have answered yes to three or more, well…if I were a clever enough coder I would put something on this page to lock your device until you’d fixed an appointment. But sadly (?) I am not, so can only urge you to book a session now!
I’ll take you through a carefully designed process to get to a definitive answer. There’s no charge. You don’t need to prepare (you know your business well enough already) and I do 90% of the hard thinking.
Available dates are below. If the calendar doesn’t render properly you can also use this link.